You want to write your first scientific paper...
- If you don’t know how to start…
- If structuring your thoughts is challenging...
- If you rewrite the same sentence ten times and still feel unhappy with it…
- If you copy-paste pieces of texts dans get mad trying to structure them...
Don't worry: this is normal. Writing a scientific paper is challenging - even more in a foreign language.
Nevertheless, writing a paper is a matter of organisation. This course shows you how to design and write your paper step by step.
The course is project-based. It consists in a practical implementation of the techniques showed.
In this online course you will work on your own publication project. It is designed to help you step-by-step through the process of creating a research paper.
I will show you step by step how to prepare your paper, how to decide what you want to focus on, how to structure your ideas and how to write a good paper in English, even if English is not your mother tongue.
This course helps you to write your first paper. But it will also help you to write other papers and to write your thesis. Writing will not be scaring anymore. In brief: this course is an investment for your life.
What participants say about this course
A dense, qualitative and participative course
The course Writing a scientific paper step by step has helped me beyond my expectations. I have learnt how to organise my time better, find tips to curb procrastination, generate ideas and sorting them, edit my manuscript and market it to my audience.
I came with an abstract, I leave with a skeleton of my article, a first draft of my results, my title, a revised, better abstract and ideas for the literature review and introduction.
Martha is a kind and humorous person who is very eager and meticulous in transmitting her expertise on writing scientifically. She takes all opportunities that the online format offers to make the class interactive and to place students in the position to work on their paper.
She did an amazing job at taking all of us by the hand to help us formulate and structure our paper.
All in all, anyone lucky enough to have the opportunity to register should jump at the chance to access such a dense, qualitative and participative course. Thank you again Martha !
Bétina BOUTROUE// Political sciences - CIRAD, Montpellier
Ready to finish my article
I highly recommend this course for all scientists - juniors as well as seniors - who are expected to produce a written communication of their work: I was able to discover my hidden knowledge, sort it, structure it and perfect it with the tools presented. I now feel finally ready to finish the article that it took me more than 6 months to start. Thank you for everything.
Germain // PhD in Human Movement Sciences, Montpellier.
If you do not know the technique, you will never write a perfect paper
I found the Writing your first paper step by step course interesting and helpful for my research papers. After completing the course, I started to revise my research story, narrow down my research question, start drafting a paper I had under hand and write quite confidently. So, I would highly recommend this course for those PhD students who want start writing their papers and thesis. By attending this 20 hrs course you will be able to write without any fears.
Mohammadullah HAKIM-EBRAHIMI // Architectural and Material Engineering - IMT Mines Ales/Montpellier
1. Prepare your article
- Four main mistakes why submitted papers are refused - and how to avoid them
- Prepare an attractive paper in 12 steps
- Define your audience
- Create an interesting research question
- Deliver a clear message
- Emphasise the main novelty of your contribution
2. Structure your paper
- Visualise your outline for better overview
- Summarise your writing project in 7 steps
- Actions to undertake when writing with co-authors
3. From outline to the text
- One techique for collecting ideas and activating passive knowledge
- One technique for structuring your thoughts
- Eight tips for quickly writing the first draft
- One technique to avoid plagiarism
- Twenty questions to revise the content of your paper
- Elements of style for scientific papers
4. Catch your reader's attention
- The title, first contact with your readers
- Arouse your readers' curiosity with your abstract
- The first sentence and the last sentence of the abstract: show the relevance of your work.
AccompanimentOne 1:1 session (90') to discuss your project.
You have access to the course during 12 months.
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
15 days trial
- You have 30 days for trying the course.
- What happens within this period of time if you think the course does not help you to reach your goal?
- Show me that you have done all the exercises but they did not help you, and I will reimburse you the course fees.