You want to write your first scientific paper...
- If you don’t know how to start…
- If structuring your thoughts is challenging...
- If you rewrite the same sentence ten times and still feel unhappy with it…
- If you copy-paste pieces of texts dans get mad trying to structure them...
Don't worry: this is normal. Writing a scientific paper is challenging - even more in a foreign language.
Nevertheless, writing a paper is a matter of organisation. This course shows you how to design and write your paper step by step.
The course is project-based. It consists in a practical implementation of the techniques showed.
In this online course you will work on your own publication project. It is designed to help you step-by-step through the process of creating a research paper.
I will show you step by step how to prepare your paper, how to decide what you want to focus on, how to structure your ideas and how to write a good paper in English, even if English is not your mother tongue.
This course helps you to write your first paper. But it will also help you to write other papers and to write your thesis. Writing will not be scaring anymore. In brief: this course is an investment for your life.
What participants are saying about this course:
If you do not know the technique, you will never write a perfect paper
I found the Writing your first paper step by step course interesting and helpful for my research papers. After completing the course, I started to revise my research story, narrow down my research question, start drafting a paper I had under hand and write quite confidently. So, I would highly recommend this course for those PhD students who want start writing their papers and thesis. By attending this 20 hrs course you will be able to write without any fears.
Mohammadullah HAKIM-EBRAHIMI // Architectural and Material Engineering - IMT Mines Ales/Montpellier
Ready to finish my article
I highly recommend this course for all scientists - juniors as well as seniors - who are expected to produce a written communication of their work: I was able to discover my hidden knowledge, sort it, structure it and perfect it with the tools presented. I now feel finally ready to finish the article that it took me more than 6 months to start. Thank you for everything.
Germain // PhD student in human movement sciences, Montpellier.
1. Prepare the big picture of your paper
In this lesson, you prepare your paper with 14 questions. You elaborate a strategy to highlight the originality of your work.
Then you will verify that your concept is coherent by writing the story of your research in 7 steps.
Finally you design the outilne of your paper step by step.
Once this is done, a checklist helps you to select your target journals. Then you should know where to submit your paper before starting to write. Avoid the error many people do: first they write, then they discover the guidelines to the authors and have to rewrite their text.
After 2-3 hours, you have a clear outline and you can know how to start writing your paper.
2. Write your paper step by step
Writing a text in a foreign language is challenging. This is why it is so helpful to proceed step by step.
In this lesson you discover how to collect ideas, how to structure them, how to write a first draft and how to improve your first draft until having a clear text in a clear English.
You learn to write you own thoughts instead of copying and pasting other's words. Then your readers are interested in what you have to tell them.
Learn how to write an original paper emphasising the main novelty of your research.
3. Catch your reader's attention
You have written an interesting text. Now you want to attract your readers. The first contact with them is the title. Write an appealing one which shows the originality of your paper. And discover a strategy to write quickly a good abstract which shows the readers the benefits they will get reading your paper.
- Two brains think better than one.
- In a 1:1 meeting I will help you to clarify your project.
- The meeting takes place online with Zoom.
- It lasts about 1 hour.
- I answer your questions and help to solve your writing problems.
- You choose when you want to talk with me.
- Five main questions to clarify before you start.
- Set the beginning and the end of your review.
- Create the structure of your review.
- Use the conclusion to highlight the relevance of your study.
You have access to the course platform (videos & handouts) during 12 monthes.
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
30 days trial
- You have 30 days for trying the course.
- What happens within this period of time if you think the course does not help you to reach your goal?
- Show me that you have done all the exercises but they did not help you, and I will reimburse you the course fees.
- And of course you can keep the course materials you have gathered.